After this, it will be just as easy to maintain language/locale packs as it will be to switch Uppy to your favorite language. Fun fact: we experimented a bit with Google Sheets and Google Translate to automatically create a first swing for a few of the languages we want to launch with.
It kinda worked! Google automatically translates to target languages in each column we add, for each change we make in the original! In the end, though, we decided this was not the way to go, as it really didn’t save us any time. As it turns out, starting from a good English version of the text is way easier than making sense of a broken Google translation. It was a fun experiment nonetheless and it’s cool to see where this is all heading!
Artur will also be reviewing the many PRs that have been submitted by both Transloadians and outside contributors.