Uppy is an open source file uploader, developed by the team at Transloadit Ltd. and open source contributors on GitHub.
In order to demonstrate Uppy file uploader and Transloadit’s file encoding service on this website, we capture and store information about you.
Who is responsible for data protection?
Since we are a small company, we do not have an external data officer. Responsible for data protection are Transloadit’s founders Tim Koschützki and Kevin van Zonneveld. You can reach them at [email protected].
What data is collected?
We receive the following data from you:
- IP addresses
- Request headers
- Data entered on our website
- Information used to analyze usage of our platform via Plausible, a self-hosted service that is GDPR compliant and anonymizes data on impact.
All data that passes through demos is only used for demo purposes, and never sold or otherwise given away.
Since we do not store data on data subjects, migration or deletion tools are not applicable.
We use the following third-party services which also store data about you:
|Transloadit||end user (data subject)||browser identifiers||instantly|
|Transloadit||end user (data subject)||test files||>24h|
|Tus.io||end user (data subject)||test files||>72h|
- anonymized: Any data that can be used to identify the “data subject” is scrubbed
- discarded: Data is destroyed
Your information and your rights
If you are based within the EEA (European Economic Area) or within another jurisdiction that has similar data protection laws, under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased, or to place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information, e.g., for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent is subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (such as, in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you request a copy of your information, you may be required to pay a statutory fee.
IP address and traffic data
We keep a record of the traffic data that is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, application and service statistics, such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
Data Processing Addendum (DPA)
If you need a countersigned copy of our DPA, pleasereach out to support.